The mission of Legal Services of the Hudson Valley is to provide free, high quality counsel in civil matters for individuals and families who cannot afford to pay an attorney where basic human needs are at stake.
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley is the only provider of comprehensive civil legal services to all seven counties of the Hudson Valley including Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Orange, Ulster and Sullivan.
We are the recipient of Legal Services Corporation funding for the region and provide a full array of legal services to low-income individuals and families.
The work we do each day provides justice to thousands of our neighbors who have nowhere else to turn.
Our funding empowers us to:
- Protect individuals from domestic violence;
- Defend seniors against abuse;
- Serve veterans on the home front;
- Support the rights of the disabled;
- Ensure that LGBTQ individuals are free from discrimination;
- Keep families in their homes.Legal Services of the Hudson Valley