The duties of the City Clerk include responsibility for the care and custody of all official records and documents of the City, for protection and preservation of the City’s past history, administration of all municipal and special elections, the accurate record of City Council proceedings, actions and documentation of City Council Meetings, administering the City’s records management program, receiving and filing claims against the City, maintenance of the Municipal Code and providing research and information services to the public and City personnel.
The City Clerk’s Office provides a current list of City Boards and Commission. A detailed City Council Agenda packet is available for review on the bulletin board in the rotunda and in the City Clerk’s Office. City Council Minutes are prepared by the City Clerk and are the permanent record of proceedings of each City Council meeting.
Other services that are available in the City Clerk’s Office include:
- Bingo Licenses
- Commuter and Municipal Parking
- Dog Licenses
- Freedom of Information
- Handicapped Parking Permits
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Notary Public
- Parade Permits
- Peddlers License
- Police Department records – accident reports, escort tickets, finger prints, good conduct certificate
- Registrar of Vital Statistics, i.e., Birth Certificates, Death Certificate, Marriage License records from 1892 to date
- Voter Registration
- Fire Department – Fire Reports